Membership Policies and How to Freeze/Cancel
You can change the credit card you have on file, freeze, or cancel your membership
Staff cannot freeze or cancel your membership at the desk or by phone.
- No Contract
- There is no contract and you can cancel at any time.
- One Calendar Month Minimum
- There is a one calendar month minimum. When you join, you will be charged a prorated amount for that month, and will be billed for the following month on the first of that calendar month.
- Membership dues are billed on the first of the month, and your initial month is prorated (that is, if you join up half-way through a month, you’re charged half the monthly rate for that calendar month).
- Membership Changes
- Climbing trip? Dissertation? Freeze your membership for as long as you like, and you won't incur an initiation fee when you come back.
- The freeze fee is $10/month.
- Membership is frozen starting on the next billing date.
- When you thaw your membership, a prorated amount for the remainder of the billing month is added to your account.
- The fee is waived for military freezes.
- You can cancel at any time effective on the first of the following month. (That is, we will not charge you again after you cancel, but you will not receive a refund for the remainder of the month for which you have already been charged.)
- NOTE: The cancellation or expiration of your credit card does not automatically cancel your membership or this agreement. If your card is cancelled or expires, you will continue to be invoiced and you agree to pay these invoices according to your card issuer agreement.